Hakemus Master's and International Student Captainiksi

Heloo!

My name is Oskari Helosuo and I’m a second year Automation student applying for the position of Master’s and International Student Captain. Ever since I stepped foot into the AS Guild as a fresher in 2020, I’ve felt at home. As a tutor I’ve met a ton of awesome people and learned more about how the Guild operates. Slaps roof of AS Guild This bad boy can fit so much good vibes in it.

As the AS Guild is blazing a trail to become more international that ever, I think it is important to continue to put emphasis on the integration of international students into our amazing teekkari community. Having not only lived abroad but also having studied my entire life in an international program, I have firsthand experience on why the growth of an international community is beneficial for everyone. Things like an increased number of bilingual events and excursions into the Finnish teekkari lifestyle are a great way to get everyone involved and connected.

It is also important to have the increased collaboration between AUT and IT students with DSD students continue. Multidisciplinary and international collaboration is one of the best ways to brew new ideas and spark conversation to challenge the norm. I want the AS community to be an open space where ideas from all around the world can mix with the teekkari mindset. Especially now that the Guild is planning a rebranding, I feel it is a great time to plan and develop the growth of the international part of AS.

In addition to all that, I have a passion for helping people that has only grown stronger from tutoring new freshers this year. As one of the responsibilities of the MISC is to help newcomers integrate and settle into the AS community (as well as studying abroad in Finland), I’m very motivated to do everything I can to welcome and teach the future international students about our fantastic and inclusive teekkari culture.

TL;DR:
Who: Oskari Helosuo
What: MISC
Why: teekkarit + international stuff + ??? = profit
How: More collaboration between international and Finnish students
Questions for me? TG → @helosuo

------------- and now in Finnish -------------

Morjens!

Oon Oskari Helosuo, toisen vuoden Automaation opiskelija ja haen Master’s and International Student Capteeniksi. Jo siitä hetkestä, kun ensimmäistä kertaa tutustuin AS-kiltaan fuksivuoden alussa, tunsin sen olevan täynnä juuri munlaista porukkaa. ISOna olen tavannut jo paljon mahtavia kanssaopiskelijoita ja oppinut enemmän killan toiminnasta. (Kokeillaans nyt suomeksi tää sama vitsi kuin yllä) * Läpsäyttää killan kattoa * Tähän pahikseen mahtuu niin paljon hyviä viboja.

Nyt kun AS-kilta muuntautuu kansainvälisemmäksi kuin koskaan, on mielestäni tärkeä muistaa panostaa vielä enemmän KV-opiskelijoiden integraatioon teekkarikulttuuriin. Olen asunut ulkomailla sekä opintopolkuni on ollut kansainvälinen, joten tiedän kuinka kansainvälisen yhteisön kasvu on hyödyllistä kaikille. Enemmän kaksikielisiä tapahtumia ja lisää tutustumista suomalaiseen teekkarikulttuuriin antavat kaikille mahdollisuuden osallistua.

Myös AUT-, IT- ja DSD-opiskelijoiden jatkuva yhteistyö on tärkeää killan toiminnalle. Uusia ideoita syntyy parhaiten sekoittamalla eri opintolinjoja ja kulttuureja. Haluan, että AS:n yhteisö jatkaa rataansa avoimena ympäristönä, jossa ideat ympäri maailmaa yhdistyvät. Varsinkin nyt, kun kilta on uudelleen brändäämässä itseään, on tärkeä miettiä, miten toimintaa voidaan kehittää edelleen.

Kaiken lisäksi olen innokas auttamaan, ja motivaationi muiden jeesamiseen on vain kasvanut ISO-toiminnan myötä. Yksi MISCin tärkeimmistä tehtävistä on auttaa KV- ja (Aallon uusia) maisteriopiskelijoita, ja odotan sitä innolla.

TL;DR:
Kuka: Oskari Helosuo
Mitä: MISC
Miksi: teekkarit + KV + ??? = profit
Miten: Lisätään yhteistyötä suomenkielisten ja KV-opiskelijoiden välillä
Kyssäreitä? TG → @helosuo

13 Likes